HOW TO KEEP YOUR CHOCOLATE IN TOP CONDITION?
Not all chocolates are stored equal. Dark, milk, white and filled chocolate: each variety needs a different level of protection and has a different shelf life.
To keep your chocolate in top condition you need to consider the following factors when storing your chocolate:
- Cool and stable temperature of around 16-18C (61-65F)
- Stable relative humidity level below 50%-65%
- Dark place with no light
- Odourless environment
- Free from dust and dirt
At Heinde & Verre we take chocolate and your enjoyment very serious. Quality chocolate needs to be protected under optimal conditions so we have developed the perfect packaging to preserve all the natural flavours:
- Aluminium / Craft pouch to protect against light, humidity, dust and dirt
- Double air tight seal and pouch to protect against odours
- We extracted part of the air from the pouch to reduce oxidisation and moisture
- Each box contains two individually air tight wrapped bars. This way you can always enjoy perfectly protected chocolate
All that is left to do for you and the shopkeeper is to keep the temperature stable between 16-18C (61-65F). This can be quite easily achieved in for example a cellar, kitchen closet or a dedicated chocolate fridge (a wine cooling fridge is suited for the task).
BEST CONDITIONS TO EAT CHOCOLATE
Consume chocolate at room temperature of around 20 degree celcius (68F). When chocolate is too cold it tastes less flavourful because the aromas are more hidden. In addition, when chocolate is too cold the texture (mouthfeel) can be too harsh. Before tasting chocolate, it must be allowed to slowly reach room temperature inside its packaging . Ambient reheating will allow moisture to collect on the packaging and not on the chocolate.Enjoy!